08 Apr Vacancy: Junior Project Manager (Part-time)
Junior Project Manager
Part time (24-32 hours per week)
Stichting Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is seeking a Junior Project Manager. The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the activities of the Global Child Health Group (GCHG). The GCHG is a group of paediatricians with expertise in international child health with its basis at the Emma Children’s hospital, Amsterdam UMC and associated with AIGHD.
The GCHG focuses their activities on training, education, research and providing clinical support in an effort to decrease child mortality globally.
The wide variety of projects implemented by AIGHD in the areas of, for example, biomedical and laboratory research as well as health economics are each overseen by a scientific project leader and supported by a project manager. They work closely together with scientific, financial and other staff members in order to successfully implement and complete a project. The junior project manager will join our project management team and collaborate with our scientific staff towards successful support of the projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Be in-charge of fundraising activities for the GCHG
- Assist with the organisation of GCHG courses throughout the year, such as the “Certificate Course in Tropic al Paediatrics and Global Child Health”
- Regular update the website of GCHG (https://www.globalchildhealth.nl/) and make an English version of this website
- Draft social media content around the activities of the GCHG
- Administer finances timely and transparently
- Maintain financial overview / budget monitoring of relevant projects
- Act as the contact point for GCHG staff and plan group meetings
- Ad hoc assisting in other projects
- At least HBO-degree
- 1-2 years relevant work experience (administrative / project support)
- Experience in fundraising is a plus
- Have a proven ability to plan and successfully manage multiple activities at the same time
- Experience with financial management of projects
- Have affinity with international health care
- Pro-active, independent and flexible attitude
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in Dutch and English
- Skilled Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel en Word) user
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a full-time workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam.
Please send your application (including CV and letter of motivation) to HR at AIGHD firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies please