09 Apr Vacancy: Project Manager (part time)
Part time or full time (32 – 40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
Stichting Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager. The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the smooth and successful implementation and monitoring progress of several projects and programs, for ensuring timely reporting on their scientific and financial progress as well as overseeing all financial, administrative and contractual obligations.
The wide variety of projects implemented by AIGHD in the areas of, for example, biomedical and laboratory research as well as health economics are each overseen by a project team which consists of at least a scientific project leader and a project manager. They work closely together with scientific, financial and other staff members in order to successfully implement and complete the project. The project manager will join our project management team and collaborate with our scientific staff towards successful support of the projects.
Key results expected
Management of assigned projects and programs by ensuring they are executed at the highest possible quality, while adhering to the agreed contracts, the needs and requirements of the funding agencies and AIGHD policies, in close collaboration with the scientific project leader, other team members, support staff, and international partners
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the planned project activities in collaboration with project partners
- Meet internal and external reporting requirements, including milestones and deliverables, within agreed timelines
- Administer project finance timely and transparently according to internal and donor regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues from our Finance and Control department
- Maintain financial overview / budget monitoring
- Act as the contact point for funding institutions, partner organisations and stakeholders in project implementation
- Make optimal use of available funds
- Coordinate project related logistical arrangements and procurement
- Plan meetings and ensure meeting reports (minutes) are available and distributed
- Assist with preparing research proposals for funding opportunities, in particular:
- Support the operational, financial and administrative aspects of research proposals
- Draft underlying project budget
- Assist in writing of research proposals, where appropriate
- Identify and manage risks associated with the proposal
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in scientific and administrative research project management in an international context preferably in the European Framework (FP7, H2020) and Dutch national funding programmes (such as NWO schemes), in the area of global health and/or in an academic environment
- Academic background (MSc level)
- Formal certification/qualification in project management or equivalent is considered an asset
- Excellent planning skills, with experience in applying these in a complex and dynamic (international) context
- Experience with multi-year account management of projects,
- Ability to deliver results against short deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Flexible, proactive, professional and reliable individual
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in Dutch and English
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a full time workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam. The position is initially for one year but has the potential to be extended.
Please send your application (including CV and letter of motivation) to HR at AIGHD email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 April 2019
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies please