18 Sep Now Hiring: Communications Intern
Part-time or full-time (24-40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development is looking for a motivated, dynamic communications intern who’s keen to bring their own perspective to our projects while enhancing their skills in the field.
Under the supervision of the communications manager at AIGHD, the communications intern will have the opportunity to work on aspects of internal and external communications including the website, social media, internal newsletter and events.
The intern is a key member of our team and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization including HR, project management, business development and management. It’s a great opportunity for a junior communicator to continue to build their skills and knowledge across a variety of areas or specialize in an area within our diverse portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and lay out including press releases, fact sheets, one-pagers, brochures and marketing material
- Maintain and monitor AIGHD social media accounts
- Work with teams across both organizations to proactively source, write and edit compelling and appropriate stories for publication on AIGHD’s website
- Update and edit AIGHD website, ensuring messaging is in line with our branding
- Develop photo and video content to be used on AIGHD’s website and social channels
- Support the organization of events including conferences, educational sessions and internal meetings and staff development opportunities
- Assist communications manager in diverse, ad hoc projects as required
- A Bachelor or Master’s level student in Communications or related field
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel); working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop) and Word Press preferred but not essential
- Self-starter who shows initiative and brings forward their own ideas
- Flexible, creative and proactive and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience taking photos and video footage (or willing to learn)
- Available for 4-6 months for a full-time internship
- Available to begin ASAP
- Experience editing video footage
What we offer
- A diverse, supportive environment where you can enhance your skills and build a professional portfolio of work
- The opportunity to implement and develop your own ideas and projects
- Standard intern compensation of gross 400 EUR per month, based on 40 hours
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies please
Please submit a brief letter of motivation and your CV to HRsupport@aighd.org.