16 Jan Project Manager
Fulltime (32-40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
Stichting Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the smooth and successful implementation and monitoring progress of several projects and programs, for ensuring timely reporting on their scientific and financial progress as well as overseeing all financial, administrative and contractual obligations.
The wide variety of projects implemented by AIGHD in the areas of, for example, biomedical and laboratory research as well as health economics are each overseen by a project team which consists of at least a scientific project leader and a project manager. They work closely together with scientific, financial and other staff members in order to successfully implement and complete the project. The project manager will join our project management team and collaborate with our scientific staff towards successful support of the projects. Specifically, the project manager will be involved in the day-to-day management of research projects focusing on influenza vaccine development and antimicrobial resistance. Where possible, we will make an effort to match the research projects to the interests of the project manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- In collaboration with project partners, monitor and report project planning, milestones and deliverables in line with the Grant Agreement and within agreed timelines;
- Organize and prepare project meetings to monitor progress of the project and ensure meeting reports (minutes) are available for distribution;
- Propose amendments to the budget and work plan in case of changes in project planning;
- Coordinate project related logistical arrangements and procurement;
- Administer project finance timely and transparently according to internal and donor regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues from our Finance and Control department
- Monitor budget spent and make optimal use of remaining budget in line with the overall budget and Grant Agreement;
- Collect relevant financial information from partners and report to financial management for reimbursement of current costs to partners;
- Assist with preparing research proposals for funding opportunities.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in scientific and administrative research project management in an international context
- Academic background (MSc level)
- Excellent planning skills, with experience in applying these in a complex and dynamic (international) context
- Experience with multi-year account management of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in Dutch and English, and strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Formal certification/qualification in project management or equivalent is considered an asset
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a fulltime workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam. The position is initially for one year but has the potential to be extended.
Please send your application before 31 January 2020 to HR Support at AIGHD firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies please