14 Feb Junior Project Manager
Parttime (24 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is seeking a candidate for the position of Junior Project Manager.
The Junior Project Manager is responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring progress of projects and programs, for ensuring timely reporting on their scientific and financial progress as well as overseeing all financial, administrative and contractual obligations. The wide variety of projects implemented by AIGHD in the areas of, for example, biomedical and laboratory research as well as health economics are each overseen by a project team, which consists of at least a scientific project leader and a project manager.
The Junior Project Manager will specifically work on the H-TEAM project (HIV Transmission Elimination Amsterdam, http://hteam.nl/en/). The H-TEAM project is a unique collaboration between all stakeholders involved in the prevention and care of HIV in the Netherlands, including key affected communities. Centered in Amsterdam, it is at the forefront of HIV/AIDS research worldwide. H-TEAM develops and implements innovative strategies to expand testing and immediate treatment for HIV, as well as to prevent further transmission of the virus. These new strategies are key to curb the epidemic and preserve the health of people living with HIV. AIGHD serves as coordinator of the H-TEAM consortium.
The position encompasses a high variety of activities. On a day-to-day basis the Junior Project Manager works closely together with and supports the Project Manager of the H-TEAM with the project implementation. In addition, the Junior Project Manager will need to work closely together with scientific, financial and other staff members at AIGHD and H-TEAM partner organisations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan project meetings and ensure meeting reports (minutes) are available and distributed
- Administering finances timely and transparently
- Developing financial overviews of subprojects for further analysis by the project manager
- Assisting in budget monitoring
- Assisting in the development of reports to donors and keeping track of reporting deadlines and requirements
- Coordinate project related logistical arrangements and procurement, including project agreements
- Keeping project website up to date and contributing to increasing visibility of the project
- Contribute in the application phase of new projects
- Other ad-hoc project activities
- University level education
- 1-2 years relevant work experience (administrative / project support)
- Experience with planning and organizing meetings
- Proven ability to plan and successfully manage multiple activities at the same time
- Experience with project finances
- Pro-active, independent and flexible attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in Dutch and English
- Skilled Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel en Word) user
- Command of WordPress is an advantage
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a fulltime workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam
Please send your application (including CV and letter of motivation) before 8 March 2020 to HR Support at AIGHD firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies please