29 Mar New Vacancy: Communications Internship
Part-time or full-time (24-40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development is looking for a motivated, dynamic communications intern who is keen to bring their own perspective to our various communications channels (internal & external) while enhancing their skills in the field.
Under the supervision of the communications officer at AIGHD, the communications intern will have the opportunity to work on aspects of internal and external communications including the website, social media, internal newsletter and events.
The intern is a key member of our team and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization including HR, project management, business development and management. It’s a great opportunity to continue to build your skills and knowledge across a variety of areas or specialize in an area within our diverse portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically support the team by writing and editing communication materials, including but not limited to external news stories, press releases, and marketing material
- Prepare and conduct interviews with researchers
- Contribute to the creation of the monthly newsletter
- Update and edit the website, ensuring messaging is in line with our branding
- Be involved with the management of our social media channels
- Support the organization of events including conferences, educational sessions and internal meetings and staff development opportunities
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed
- A Bachelor or Master level student or recent graduate in communications, media, or health-related field
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Self-starter who shows initiative and brings forward their own ideas
- Flexible, creative, and proactive and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Available for 4-6 months
- Available to begin ASAP
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) and Word Press
- Experience editing video footage
- Experience taking photos and video footage (or willing to learn)
What we offer
- A diverse, friendly, and supportive environment where you can enhance your skills and build a professional portfolio of work
- The opportunity to implement and develop your own ideas and projects
- Collaborate with different teams within AIGHD including research, project management, and business development.
- Intern compensation
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies, please
Please submit a brief letter of motivation and your CV by April 19 to HRsupport@aighd.org.