09 Apr Vacancy: Junior Secretary
Part-time (16 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is seeking a Junior Secretary. We offer an interesting position in secretarial support in an international setting that demands a flexible, positive and creative attitude.
We are looking for someone who enjoys giving the best possible support to a team and has the ability to anticipate and plan ahead while multitasking in an effective manner.
Main tasks & responsibilities
• Assist and support the Managing Assistant with general secretarial and administrative tasks
• Maintain multiple diaries and arrange appointments
• Plan and set up online conference meetings (Zoom)
• Manage and filter emails, sorting, redirecting, and taking action where necessary
• Filing and organizing documents
• Organise and take the minutes of meetings and gatherings, monitor follow-up
• Ensure all incoming calls are answered quickly, taking clear and accurate messages when necessary
• Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Act as a receptionist and greet clients
• Assist other colleagues in the general overflow of work
• 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar position
• Minimal MBO4 level education
• Knowledge of secretarial procedures
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
• Good IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams
• A high level of confidentiality discretion is essential
• Proactive mindset and attention to detail
• A flexible approach and a “can do” attitude are essential.
• Living in the Netherlands / Amsterdam area
• Able to work on Mondays and Fridays
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a full-time workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the AIGHD office in Amsterdam.
Please submit a brief letter of motivation and your CV by 14 May to HRsupport@aighd.org
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies, please.