19 Apr Vacancy: Business Development Support Officer
Business Development Support Officer
Fulltime (40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is seeking a Business Development Support Officer. We offer you an international setting with a high pace that demands a flexible, assertive and creative attitude. The Business Development Support Officer supports AIGHD and the Business Development (BD) team in identifying best matches of project ideas of AIGHD researchers with funding opportunities and turning project ideas into successful propositions.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Identify and communicate new funding opportunities and advise researchers, project managers and management on eligibility and other relevant elements.
- Maintain a database of project proposals throughout their life cycle and update weekly BD overviews.
- Facilitate proposal development teams (project lead, project manager, external writer if applicable) for larger grant proposals.
- Assist in the development of specific grant proposals by providing relevant standard paragraphs.
- Build and maintain a database of suitable private funding prospects.
- Prepare contracts and assist BD Director contracting for proposal writing support.
- Deliver BD related input for communication (news items, AIGHD’s internal newsletter, funding flashes, etc).
- Maintain funder relations on a day-to-day basis.
- Facilitate scientific theme group meetings and similar initiatives at AIGHD to develop new interdisciplinary research ideas.
- Support the execution of projects and processes at strengthening AIGHD’s relations with potential funders.
- 1-2 years experience in Business Development
- Master in a business or commercial field or MBA is considered an asset
- Language: fluent in English (mandatory) and Dutch (preferred)
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development, and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a full-time workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam.
Please send your application (including CV and letter of motivation) before 10 May 2021 to HR Support at AIGHD email@example.com.
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research in various fields, including infectious diseases, antimicrobial drug resistance, child health, non-communicable diseases and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies, please.