20 Apr Vacancy: Project Manager
Parttime or Fulltime (32 – 40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is currently seeking a temporary Project Manager to replace one of our colleagues (maternity leave). The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the smooth and successful implementation and monitoring progress of several projects and programs, for ensuring timely reporting on their scientific and financial progress as well as overseeing all financial, administrative and contractual obligations.
The wide variety of projects implemented by AIGHD in the areas of, for example, biomedical and laboratory research as well as health economics are each overseen by a project team that consists of at least a scientific project leader and a project manager. They work closely together with scientific, financial and other staff members in order to successfully implement and complete the project. The project manager will join our project management team and collaborate with our scientific staff towards successful support of the projects.
Key results expected
Management of assigned projects and programs by ensuring they are executed at the highest possible quality, while adhering to the agreed contracts, the needs and requirements of the funding agencies and AIGHD policies, in close collaboration with the scientific project leader, other team members, support staff, and international partners.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the planned project activities in collaboration with project partners
- Meet internal and external reporting requirements, including milestones and deliverables, within agreed timelines
- Administer project finance timely and transparently according to internal and donor regulations, in close collaboration with the Finance and Control team
- Maintain financial overview/budget monitoring
- Act as the contact point for funding institutions, partner organisations and stakeholders in project implementation
- Make optimal use of available funds
- Coordinate project related logistical arrangements and procurement
- Plan meetings and ensure meeting reports (minutes) are available and distributed
- Assisting in the preparation of research proposals for funding opportunities, in particular:
- Support the operational, financial and administrative aspects of research proposals
- Draft underlying project budget
- Assist in writing of research proposals, where appropriate
- Identify and manage risks associated with the proposal
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in research project management in the area of global health and/or in an international academic environment
- Knowledge of the European (H2020, EDCTP, Wellcome Trust) and Dutch national funding programmes (ZonMw) is considered as an asset
- Experience with multi-year account management of projects,
- Educational academic background (MSc level)
- Formal certification/qualification in project management or equivalent is considered as a plus
- Excellent planning skills, with experience in applying these in a complex and dynamic (international) context
- Ability to deliver results within short deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English written and spoken
- Demonstrated excellent communication, presentation and organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Flexible, proactive, professional and reliable individual
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary approach
AIGHD offers an excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development and a salary in line with prevailing sector standards. AIGHD has a fulltime workweek of 40 hours, 25 days leave annually, an attractive collective pension plan and a very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme. The position is based at the office of AIGHD in Amsterdam.
The Project Manager will generally work Monday through Friday (40 hours a week). Due to the COVID pandemic, AIGHD policy requires you to work from home until further notice. The position is available for the duration of 6 months (replacement during maternity leave), starting date as soon as possible.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to HR Support at AIGHD email@example.com
Last day for application is Friday 14th May but the selection and interview process is ongoing, therefore send your application as soon as possible.
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies, please.